Saturday, August 21, 2010

Oh Container Store, how do I love thee?

I must limit my visits to about once a month and I only take a certain amount of cash. If not, believe me, I'd spend my whole freakin' paycheck and up to my limit on every credit card. There are few places that have this effect on me. I think if I could, I would furnish my whole house from the CS. They have very cool and trendy boxes, bags, racks and a million other products that I feel like I can't live without. The kitchen section alone is mesmerizing.
This revelation may come as a surprise to some who think I detest shopping. Most of the time I do. Unless it's a really unique, funky shop, I can generally go through my life never shopping for the sake of shopping. Once in a while, the mood might strike me to venture into uncharted territory like Pottery Barn (which could become the next CS in my mind-therefore, I don't go. Ok..maybe once a year).
Don't even get me started on CS at Christmas. **Insert drooling smiley here** I really make it my little gift to myself to shop for gifts at CS for others and the gift wrap to go along with. Heaven, sheer heaven.
I do, however, love hanging out at Home Depot and Lowe's. Now THEY have some fun and funky stuff. Ever peruse the plumbing aisle? How fun is THAT?! I love all the copper fittings.
The tile aisle is fun too. I love looking at and touching all the different tiles and imagining them in different applications.
The paint section is mind boggling, but so inspirational in my book. I do think it's a tad weird that Disney feels the need to have a paint line when they already make what, about 800 zillion dollars a year from tourists. And they put Mickey's ears on every paint chip card to lure the little ones into choosing "their" colors. Next thing you know, McDonald's will be right there along side them. Yeah, that part of HD is not cool.
So, a shopper I'm not, but I know what I like and lust after, and for me, it's the CS. Call me crazy and look for me there--once a month.

No comments:

Post a Comment