Tuesday, August 10, 2010

#19...I heart JB


Jackson Browne. I've loved the man for most of my life. I love his lyrics, I love his melodies, hell I even love his hair. It's that sort of straight swingy kind of hair that I always wanted, but looks infinitely better on him. He's the whole package. And don't be bringing up that whole ugly Daryl Hannah fiasco. I've heard many versions over the years and I've posted a blurb that's pretty close to what I believe happened.

Russ Paris, who maintains the Unofficial Jackson Browne Homepage:

"Nothing ever happened. No charges were filed since there was nothing to file charges over.

Tell people not to believe everything they read in the tabloids.

Based on what I've read and the people I've spoken with, it is my understanding that Jackson called the police that night (she was moving out and he accused her of taking things that didn't belong to her) and if there had been ANY chance that anyone struck anyone else, the police are required by law to have looked into it. All the officers on the scene denied any such thing. Jackson and Daryl have both denied the incident at different times... Jackson at the time and Daryl a number of years later.

Most of the people involved at the time seem to believe that Daryl was upset at their breakup and made up the story as a way to get back at Jackson... and then it got out of her control when the tabloids picked it up. Daryl's ex-boyfriends -- including JFK Jr. -- all say she was capable of that and more... But Jackson has said that he didn't want to drag her reputation through the mud in spite of what she did to his reputation.


I never could stand her anyway. Well, she was okay in Steele Magnolia's but what's she done since?
I have an online acquaintance that calls him Jackson Boring. Well guess what? She ain't my friend on FB and she never fuckin' will be. So take that Missy!
JB is a humanitarian, environmentalist and activist. I may not always agree with his politics, but who the hell cares what I think?
Maybe his plastic surgery is a tad too much, but again, who cares.
I'm a fan and I'll always be a fan. He melts my butter and I would have married him if he had only asked. Rock on JB.











No comments:

Post a Comment