Monday, August 9, 2010

#17...Paint it black

I love the color black. Black clothes, black furniture, black boots, black cars, black cats. Black clothes you just can't mess up unless you just wash the crap out of them and you don't use that detergent that's for black stuff. Then, you end up with a whole bunch of different shades of black that don't match any of the other shades of black in your closet. This is the voice of experience speaking. Dressing in black never goes out of style IMHO. You can put almost any other color with it and dash out the door without much of a thought process. I particularly like how brown looks with black. It might just be my favorite color combination.
Black furniture is a new thing for me. In the past, I've leaned toward various types of wood for furniture, but I have stepped into the twenty first century and discovered that black furniture looks pretty flippin' good..especially when mixed with other types and colors of furniture. I am in the process of doing a mini makeover in my house and my new colors are beige (walls), cream (some furniture and accessories) and black (some other furniture). I'm not quite sure how it's all going to come together, but I'll post a pic if it looks worth a shit. If not, I probably won't mention it again.
Black boots.....love 'em. Short ones, tall ones, mid calf ones. I never know which ones are in style, unless I consult with my message board buds. I just always buy boots that I like and screw what fashion says. I've discovered lately though that I have to buy boots that are also comfortable. Dammit. I love those spiky heeled tall hooker boots, but can no longer pull them off for a myriad of reasons--the top two being age and weight. (Another topic)
Black cars...they're the best. Yes, they're hot as hell. Yes, they get dirty really quick. But they look amazing when they're clean and shiny. Mine is rarely clean and shiny since I don't park in the garage. That privilege is for the male of the household. We have a two car garage, but the other side is full of crap that I had to put in storage and then get out again when our house was on the market and then off. (Also another topic)
Black cats....no, they're not bad luck. They're pretty darned adorable and have gotten a bad rap for way too long. In the not too distant past, I had as many as three. Now, I'm down to one who worships the ground I walk on. I can't say that for many other creatures in my life. So, how can I not love him? He's got a real original name too. Blackie. How's that for ingenious?
There's lots of other crap I like that's black. Our black lab. She's his dog though--and (another topic). I like black onyx jewelry, black cows and sheep, bats, just to name a few.
Black and white photos are usually so much more powerful than color, also imho.

No comments:

Post a Comment