Sunday, July 18, 2010

Menopause, Boyfriends and Heat

First, let me just say that menopause sucks. Worse than traffic. Just when did I get so freakin' old that it happened to me? Actually, it happened about 10 years ago and yes, my friends, it's still going strong. First, I was really happy that I didn't have to deal with my monthly gift, but lately, it's just starting to piss me off. Weight gain and hairs growing where they absolutely shouldn't are just two of the lovely gifts I get to deal with now. I never really had a belly before, but boy, I can't say that now. The less I eat, the bigger it gets. WTF is up with that? Chin hairs...good GOD! I saw on Real Housewives of New Jersey (one of my all time favorite shows--and another post) that Caroline SHAVES her FACE in the shower every day! Yikes! Is this my destiny? I am considering laser, but would rather spend my money on liquor and cheese biscuits at Red Lobster (also another post). I have elected not to take hormones for personal reasons, but if this keeps up, I may be up for a sex change.
Then, I'm looking at FB and I see one of my old boyfriends has posted some new pics. Crap! He's freakin' OLD too!! I like to think he looks older than me. His wife looks like my mother. I hope he's not looking at my pics and saying, "Crap! She's freakin' OLD! She looks like my mother!"
If you've ever been to Texas in July, you know it's hot. The heat is not my friend these days. I've always been partial to summer, but I think I may have to give way to winter. No...that will never happen. Winter will never be my friend. I do like snow though..it's pretty. Ok, back to summer. I can only hope that this little recipe will help you make it through your summer, wherever you are.

With thanks to my friend Donna.

Summer Beer


6 bottles beer (I use Corona)
12 oz. can frozen limeade (you can use lemonade if you prefer)
12 oz. can vodka
12 oz. can water, sprite, or my favorite, club soda

yum yum--drink up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment