Sunday, July 25, 2010

#8 & 9.. Ain't Life Grand?

I've never been to the Grand Canyon. Something inside me tells me I should go. Considering I hate heights, it could be interesting. Maybe I will go and just take a quick pic and be on my way. Maybe I'll hike to the bottom.....nah. But, I would love to see it early in the morning and at sunset. I'm sure it will surpass my every expectation.
Lately, I've been percolating a little plan, maybe for next year. I'd like to drive Route 66 and stop off at the Canyon along the way. I'm looking for a traveling companion since my husband absolutely refuses to be in the car that long, my daughter can't take that much vacation, and most of my friends can't either. I wonder if I call Oprah if she'd want to go? Maybe going alone wouldn't be so bad, but I'd probably be talking to myself after about 50 miles. There's some people along the Route that I could stop and see. I could blog the trip. That could really be interesting. I will think more about this..............

1 comment: