Friday, July 23, 2010

#7...The witch is in

For most of my adult life, I wanted to go to New England. Finally, I got the chance back in 1988. I was 35. Man, that sounds so young. Anyway, I went with two very dear and crazy friends. We stayed with some other friends that lived in a suburb of Boston and we had the time of our lives. I swear to this day that some of the places actually looked familiar. I've never really been "into" former lives and all that crap, but in this case, I think there might be something to it. I really felt connected to the whole area in some strange way. I used to tell my ex-husband that I had this feeling and he always used to tell me, "that's because you probably did live there in a former life...in Salem." Fucker. I laugh now, but he really pissed me off when he said that. In fact, he really pissed me off most of the time. Hence, our ultimate division.
If you've never been to New England in the fall....GO. It's stunning. Go to Vermont, Massachusetts,
Rhode Island, Maine and New Hampshire. Go to the Cape. Go to Martha's Vineyard. See the whales. I'm not sure quite how it happened, but when I got on the whale watching boat, I had on a Luckenbach t-shirt. When I got off, the first mate had my t-shirt on and I had his t-shirt on. Hmmmmmmm.....he WAS making us drinks the whole time.
I just met someone from Maine and she has a family cabin there. She may be my new BFF.

No comments:

Post a Comment