Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Pumpkin/Pumpkin

I have long been a fan of Einstein Bros. Bagels. I was a little disheartened the other day while watching some nutrition show (wtf was I thinking?), that a bagel like theirs is the equivalent of 5 slices of bread. Wow. No wonder I like them so much. I try to stay away, but at this time of year, it's caution to the wind and I go all the way and order up what I call the Pumpkin/Pumpkin. Pumpkin bagel, Pumpkin schmear.  OMG. Best thing ever! And, after doing a quick Google, I find I'm not the only devoted fan. It seems they have quite a following.
Who ever invented this little combo will forever be my hero.
The bagels are on the top of my holiday favorite list which also includes Eggnog shakes from Braum's and Eggnog Lattes from Starbucks.

http://www.starbucks.com/menu/drinks/espresso/eggnog-latte

Needless to say, these are not what you'd call nutritious either, but what the hell, it's Christmas! In fact, I could very well live on these three items from November til January and be perfectly happy. Well, I might have to add cornbread dressing to the menu. 
Yep, I'm ready for a P/P. Maybe since it's early, I can beat the crowd.

Edit 12/27/10. I was informed on Sunday that the P/P are discontinued right after Thanksgiving each year. WTF is up with that? Don't they know that Pumpkin is ALSO a Christmas flavor? Ugh. 

No comments:

Post a Comment