Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Deck the Halls

Christmas music already? As Sarah Palin would say, "You betcha!". Bring it on. Love it. I'd listen all year if I could. Some days in July, I do listen. I don't care if it's not Thanksgiving yet, I am a happy girl when I flip over and hear "Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire". I will admit, however, that there are a few Christmas songs that seem to get a lot of air play that just drive me up the effin' wall....such as "Little Saint Nick", "Wonderful Christmastime" and most of all "The Christmas Shoes". Does that song not wanna make you just slit your wrists? Ugh. Ugh. Ugh. Edit to add:  Last Christmas by Wham. This song truly does make me wanna stick a pencil in my eye.
The music is just one of the many things I love about Christmas and the holiday season. I am quite sure you'll hear more about this in the next few weeks.
I am just about to burst waiting for the day after Thanksgiving when I can drag all the decorations out and start decking the halls. This year, I have bought some new ornaments in a new color. Oh, who am I kidding? I buy new ornaments every year. (Insert blushing smiley here). This year, I bought brown--to sort of coordinate with my new beige, black, white and brown room. I only recently decided that I had to have brown in that room too, but not too much. Anyhoo, the new brown ornaments match the new brown pillows that I also bought. I'm thinking brown decorations in that room with just a hint of silver. I shall post a pic--most likely Thanksgiving weekend.
So, until the next time the mood strikes me...

Feliz Navidad!

No comments:

Post a Comment