Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Veg............

Homemade vegetable soup.Quite a switch from my usual diet of fast, fried food. I even put broccoli in it. Yuck..hate the stuff unless it's chopped up and covered in cheese. Otherwise, it's like eating a tree.  In the soup, it's not so bad. I have made a conscious effort the last few days to add way more fruits and vegetables to my diet. I've never really loved veg unless they're fried, but alas, I have to change my evil ways. Self imposed..not on the advice of any professional.
I've always thought that veggies had "personalities". Tomatoes always look really happy to me. Cucumbers look straight and narrow..sort of straight-laced. Cabbage...grouchy. Onions, well they are multi-layered. Badda Bing.
I used to like veg more when I was a kid. Didn't like meat much. Don't know when that changed. I used to order hamburgers with bread and veg only. Oh how I wish that quirk had become a lifelong habit. I wish I could make it a habit now. With the creation of the vegetable soup last night though, I just might be on my way!

No comments:

Post a Comment