Sunday, February 13, 2011

I don't heart VD

The colors of Valentine's Day. Red, Pink, White.
 The flavors of Valentine's Day. Chocolate, chocolate, chocolate.
The sentiments of Valentine's Day. Love, love, love.

What's not to like?

It's not always been one of my favorite holidays. There was a time when I dreaded it. A time when I wasn't "attached" to anyone and all my friends got flowers at work..the bitches. A time when one of my friends always got big, new jewelry...the little bitch. A time when all those little bitches went out for romantic dinners.

Oh wait....those things are still happening and even though I'm attached, not happening to me.
I'm lucky if I get to go to Red Lobster. I've never received one stinking piece of jewelry save my wedding ring and I never get flowers at work. I do sometimes get them at home....not the same.

I'm over it even though it's not officially here til tomorrow.
I have to go now and get ready for my dinner at Red Lobster.

No comments:

Post a Comment