Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Before.......

I go on and on about New Year's Resolutions and which ones I might actually keep, I'd like to talk about last year's resolutions and how that worked out.

The one thing I vowed to absolutely do all year was be a kinder, gentler person. Especially to my fellow human beings. I think I've always found it easier to be kind to four legged creatures and even some two legged ones like birds, but humans make it so, so difficult at times. I vowed that I would be less judgmental and keep my first impressions to myself. I actually think I've done a pretty good job until the last few weeks. I've discovered that some people that I've tried really hard to be nice to do actually get on my last nerve and all I can say is that I'm glad the year is almost over so I won't have to live up to that stupid resolution any more! Oh, I'm not gonna go off on 'em or anything, but I am not gonna go out of my way to be really nice either. I've decided life's too short to spend much time thinking about them one way or the other and I just may resolve to not think about them...period. We'll see how that works. (Insert rolling eyes smiley here).

Another resolution which lasted..oh....about one week was the losing weight thing. Every year, same thing. Not gonna make that mistake again either. If I lose some...groovy. If not...oh well.

I vowed to take better care of my skin. Yeah, I did that. For about a month. Now, my poor wrinkled dried up skin is lucky if it gets a slather every three or four days. I will not speak of make-up removal.

I vowed to read more. I have done that...on the computer.

So, in the end, I guess all those resolutions turned out pretty much like every one else's. I will think some more about this and get back to you before the ball drops.

No comments:

Post a Comment