Sunday, August 7, 2011

Life's a beach

Just picture it in your mind.......

Gentle waves lapping on the beach, a cool breeze blowing through your hair, the smell of the sea, soft sand under your feet, crystal clear water.

A great picture, huh? Too bad it was all only in my mind. What I did experience on my nine day fun family beach vacation was rain, seaweed, dead fish and the Disney Channel 24/7. I guess we all have visions of the perfect vacation before it starts, then somewhere along the line, things go to shit. I'd say this vacation was somewhere in between. It was fun seeing the little kids experience the beach for the first time once the weather cleared on the second day. It was fun taking them on a pontoon boat and letting them drive. Unfortunately, this is about where the fun stopped and the days of trips to the store, laundry, cleaning and cooking began--and never stopped. Add to that an excruciating drive to and from and you've pretty much got a good picture.
You'll forgive me if I don't post any pictures....I'm too tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment