Monday, May 23, 2011

Observations from Fin-Land

Saturday night last, I went to Fin-Land. That's the name of Jimmy Buffett's tour this year. It was actually the first time I had been to Margaritaville in the flesh. Oh, I've been there plenty of times in my mind and as the result of one too many, but the first time I've seen JB live. I convinced a couple of darling friends to go with who had also never been to Margartiaville/Fin-Land. One of them had never been to a concert. God luv her, she was a trooper.

In retrospect, I learned  the following:

1.  Frisco is a pretty effin cool town. I always thought of it as just some space age new suburb of Dallas. Well, who knew? Turns out it's pretty darned cute. Lots of cool places to eat, cute shops, etc.
2.  Pizza Hut Park is a fine venue. I'll go back. But I won't sit on the floor again. Those stairs are hell on an old fat smoker woman. Suffice it to say, for that one night, I was a non-smoker. The next morning, my knee was the size of a giant grapefruit. Maybe I need to have that looked at......nah.
3.  Admittedly, I haven't been to a concert in a while (ok..several years), but man, things have changed. Beers are $11.00 and Margaritas are $14.00!! Holy crap!! I remember thinking $7.00 beers were outrageous.
4.  Free parking is the bomb.
5.  JB still looks pretty danged good for an old sonofabitch.
6.  The Coral Reefer Band has not faired so well.
7.  Young fat women will wear anything....especially if they're Parrotheads. Yikes.
8.  I see a golf cart in my future.
9.  I still hate crowds. Under the influence of a $14.00 margarita, they're more tolerable. ;-)
10. Yeah, I'm a Parrothead too.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment